1. Statements of principal
- Where the Policy applies
- Deleezy (“Deleezy” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and data security.
- Deleezy may collect Personal Information to help you place and receive orders and to improve the Deleezy service.
- Legislative framework
- As an organization engaged in commercial activities, we are committed to complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act Canada, and with any other Canadian privacy laws applicable to our operations.
- The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service;
- To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following;
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- Your access to and use of our Services are subject to our Terms and Conditions, which define some of the terms used throughout this Policy. Please make sure that you have carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions before you use our Services. By using our Services, you accept the Terms and Conditions, and accept our privacy practices described in this Policy. If you do not feel comfortable with any part of this Policy or our Terms and Conditions, you must not use or access our Services.
- Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly communicate with children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
When you use our Services, we may collect or receive Personal Information about you to provide our services and operate our business. The types of Personal Information that we may collect about you are:
- Information Provided Directly
- Sign Up and Profile Information. When you sign up and/or place an order through Deleezy as a Customer, you provide us with information, including, but not limited to your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. If you sign up using your Facebook account, we receive information including your name and email address. After registration, Customers can add multiple delivery addresses to their profile. You may be required to provide us with a photograph.
- Order Information. When you place an order, we collect information related to the order, which may include special instructions, date and time of order, charges subtotal and details about the item purchased including; description, size, weight and value.
- Feedback. We may ask you for feedback on your order, which may include rating of experience, the applicable Merchant, and/or the applicable Courier.
- Surveys. We may offer an opportunity to participate in surveys, promotions, or contests. When a User participates, we may request certain information which may include name and email address.
- Payment Information. When you add a payment card to your Deleezy account, a third-party payments service provider receives your card information. We do not store any payment card information on our servers.
- Merchants and Partners. A Merchant who signs up for our Platform or a Partner who utilizes our Platform provides us with certain information, including, but not limited to contact name, phone number, email address, physical address, hours, and product information, including product details and price. We are not involved in the payment arrangements between Merchants and purchasers.
- Information Received From You as Part of Your Communications
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support team, by telephone or email, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
- Customers and Couriers may be able to rate and review each other at the end of every delivery. Customers may be able to see a Courier’s aggregate ratings during a delivery. After a delivery, we may share feedback or comments that Customers provide with Couriers and/or Merchants, but we will not identify the Customer. If you are a Customer and do not want a Courier to know you provided certain feedback or comments, please do not include identifying information in that feedback or those comments. We may also share with Couriers their aggregate ratings. Customers may also provide us information and feedback related to your experience on the Platform, including, but not limited to order reviews, merchant reviews and merchant ratings.
- Information Collected Automatically Through your use of the Platform
We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use our Site and Services.
- We and our third-party service providers, including Google Analytics, collect, process, store and analyze information obtained from your browser when you visit the Deleezy Platform, including IP address, your location when the Deleezy mobile application is used, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits and pages viewed. We also use “cookies” or other tools that track, measure and analyze the behaviors and usage patterns of visitors to the Deleezy Platform. We use this information to help us understand how visitors engage with the Deleezy Platform and to improve our visitors’ experience.
- You can obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data and data privacy and security, including how to learn more about opting out of Google Analytics’ data collection by visiting the Google Analytics website.
- Location and Sensor Information. We receive a Customer’s location information when you’re using the Deleezy app, including when the app is in use in the foreground or background. We may continuously collect location information and other motion-generated or orientation-generated mobile sensor data from Couriers when the Deleezy app is in use in the foreground or background in order to personalize the app experience, assist in finding available markets and/or available delivery opportunities, offer delivery incentives, track the progress and completion of deliveries, and other similar purposes. We also use this information for analytics purposes. For information on your choices for sharing location information, please consult Section 6 on Your Choices
- Call and Text Information. We work with one or more third parties to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Customers and Couriers who are delivering the Customers’ products. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text messages. We do not record or have access to the content of the phone calls between Customers and Couriers. We do record and/or have access to the content of phone calls between Users and Deleezy.
- Information Related to Referral Program
- You may be able to refer Deleezy to friends and other contacts. To help you do this, we may request and you can grant us access to your mobile device address book. You can then direct us to send referral communications through any available application on your device to contacts you select in your address book. We will use the data from your address book only to process your referral. By sending a referral, you also consent to Deleezy sending your public profile image to the contacts you select to receive a referral link. By choosing a to invite a friend you represent that you have received the friend’s consent to provide his or her name and email address with Deleezy. Deleezy will use that information to communicate with him or her inviting him or her to visit the Platform and will store that information to track the success of the referral program. Deleezy may also send marketing emails.
- Deleezy users may not send, publish, or share any false, misleading, or deceptive communications in connection with participation in the referral program. These actions may violate various federal, provincial and/or international laws. In addition, Deleezy users may not send any referral emails, text messages, or other communications to children under the age of 19.
- If you are referred to Deleezy through one of our referral programs, or if someone attempts to refer you, Deleezy may share your name, whether you already signed up for Deleezy, whether you are a new customer, and whether you have placed a qualifying order with the Deleezy with the person(s) who referred you.
- When we contact you for marketing purposes or to inform you about important changes or other developments to the Platform, products, services or your account.
- Personal Information from Publicly Available Sources and Third Parties
We may collect or receive Personal Information about you from publicly available sources, social network providers, marketing partners, and/or third parties. This may include:
- Social Network Information – We may receive information about you from other services. For example, we receive certain information from Facebook when you use their service to login to Deleezy. Social networking sites have their own policies for handling your information. For a description of how these sites may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult the sites’ privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
- Demographic Information – This characteristic information could include information such as income, marital status, spending habits, and other information pertaining to customers.
- Information We Receive From Partners. If you make a purchase through one of our Partners that offers delivery with Deleezy, we receive information about your purchase, including your name, phone number, the product you purchased, and the delivery location.
- We may also collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau, or information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, or for other fraud or safety protection purposes. We may also collect demographic information, which may include information such as income, marital status, spending habits, and other information pertaining to customers. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from such affiliated and non-affiliated third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
3. Internet Based Advertising
This section explains how Deleezy uses Interest-Based Advertising to show you ads targeted to your interests, and how you may opt out of Interest-Based Advertising.
- We (or our service providers) may use the information we collect, for instance, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers, to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your device settings. We may also use cross-device targeting to help identify our users and serve advertising. This type of advertising is often called “interest-based” or “personalized” advertising—and when it occurs on mobile apps, “cross-app” advertising.
- To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising, or to opt out of online interest-based advertising from a list of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada at any time, visit http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
- To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising in mobile apps and to opt out of this type of advertising by third-party advertising companies that participate in the DAAC’s AppChoices tool, please download the version of AppChoices for your device at https://youradchoices.ca/appchoices/.
- On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (in iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android), which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
- Please be aware that, even if you opt out of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive ads from us, but they will not be served using interest-based information about you. Also, to successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. If your browser is configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser, your opt-out instruction may not, or may no longer, be effective. Your opt-out selections only apply to the web browser you use so you must opt out of each web browser on each device that you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you may need to opt out again.
- Mobile Applications. Depending on your permissions, we may receive your Personal Information from your Internet service and mobile device providers. Users of mobile device who do not want to receive interest-based advertising may opt-out in several ways. Learn more about your choices for mobile devices by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. Each operating system, (iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You should view your device or system “Settings” to determine how you can opt out of use of your device ID for “cross-app” personalized advertising.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
Your Personal Information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as describe below.
- The personal information you provide to us will be held on our servers which may be in Canada, the United States and other countries. In addition, your personal information may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside Canada and/or to third parties including companies within the Deleezy group of companies (which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes notified to you. For example, we may send personal information outside of Canada for processing and storage by other companies within the Deleezy group of companies or by their service providers.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers for certain business purposes. This information is provided in order for them to provide us services such as payment processing, advertising services, marketing partners, web analytics, data processing, IT services, customer support and other services. These third-party service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- We may use the personal information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any applicable legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Terms of Service/Use and any other agreement we have with you. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention. We and our service providers may use or disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law or legal process. Your personal information may also be used or disclosed where necessary or desirable for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
5. Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect or receive about you for various purposes.
- To Provide You With Our Services . We use your information to provide you the Services. For example, we use credit card information to complete a transaction or an address to allow the Driver to fulfill your delivery. If the applicable information is to be provided or Service is to be performed by a third party, then we will disclose the applicable Personal Information to the third party providing the information or performing applicable Services. Your information may be available or provided to third-party service providers and that are contractually obligated to protect your information as disclosed in this Policy.
- To Maintain, Improve, and Personalize the Services. We use your information for our everyday business operations such as auditing, administration of the Services, forum management, fulfillment, and analytics. Your information may also be used to improve the content and/or functionality of the Services. For example, it may be used to help us and/or our Merchants improve our offerings. We also use your information to personalize your experience. For example, we may personalize the content and features you see when visiting our Services. In addition, we may personalize advertisements, marketing communications, and recommendations to make them more tailored to your interests.
- To Communicate with You. We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may send you text messages or other notifications about the status of your orders and deliveries. We may also contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you. If we send you marketing emails about services that may interest you, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications. In the event you contact us, we use certain information to respond to your questions and assist you with any issues that may arise in your use of the Services. If you send text messages to a Driver, using the telephone number for that Driver available on the Services, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of fees, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, Deleezy and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
- For Account and Network Security Purposes. We care about keeping you secure and safe while using our Services. Keeping you safe requires us to process your Personal Information, such as your device information, activity information and other relevant information. We use such information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not gain access to your information.
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance. Our Services are subject to certain laws and regulations which may require us to process your Personal Information. For example, we process your Personal Information to pay our taxes, to fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws or as necessary to manage risk as required under applicable law.
- To Enforce Compliance with Our Terms and Conditions and Policies. When you access or use our Services, you are bound to our Terms and Conditions and this Policy. To ensure you comply with them, we process your Personal Information by actively monitoring, investigating, preventing and mitigating any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services. We also process your Personal Information to: investigate, prevent or mitigate violations of our internal terms, agreements or policies; enforce our agreements with third parties and business partners.
- To Protect You, Others, and Our Business. We use your information to protect you, others, and our business, including, without limitation, using information for fraud prevention, for enforcement of our Terms of Service, to comply with the law, and to protect against security risks.
- For Our Business Purposes. We may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect or receive the information, or otherwise with your consent.
6. Safeguarding and Retention of Personal Information
This section explains the safeguards Deleezy has put in place to protect your personal information and the length of time Deleezy may retain your personal information
- We have implemented administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We restrict access to your personal information to Deleezy personnel and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
- We will take the following responsive action, in the highly unlikely event that a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days;
- We will notify users via phone call within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in site notification within 1 business day
7. Access to Personal Information and Withdrawal of Consent
This section explains how you may gain access to your personal information held by Deleezy and how you may withdraw consent to the collection and use of personal information
- You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records and may restrict access to personal information as required or permitted by applicable law or legal process.
- You may withdraw or modify your consent to any ongoing and future collection and use of personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, provided that reasonable notice is given to us. If you withdraw your consent to receive information regarding certain products, publications, services or events being offered by Deleezy, you will no longer receive those types of communications.
9. Contact Us
or by email at email@example.com
Last Updated: June 26th , 2020